Sunday, August 30, 2009

Marc and Lara's Weekend

It was a lot of fun!!
We started with our bike ride to Concannon Vineyard. The winery was gorgeous and was completely remodeled. We tried to find what we could taste and smell in the wines. It was an interesting experience. There was so much wine to taste there we did not drink it all. But we tasted every one. When we walked out to the veranda the grapes growing up them were so yummy. We wanted to eat more then just one. They were green yet super sweet. We rode downtown to the Ale House and met my parents for lunch. Yum.. I had the Jalapeno Cilantro Burger.. Definitely getting it again! Then we rode in there truck to La Rochelle. We enjoyed the Pinot Flight along with La Rochelle's pairing platter which included hard bread, cheeses, quince paste and pate. Our favorite was 2006 Garys' Vineyard Pinot Noir. My mother and I walked to the winery next door called Steven Kent and tasted there. While our wonderful hubby's hung outside with my parents loyal dog Keiko. We enjoyed the barrel tasting style. However, although they were closing they became incredibly busy. Even though we wanted to purchase our favorite the 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon we had to give up and head home. We couldn't leave our awesome hubby's out there that long. That evening we took Marc's Camaro to the Livermore club car show. It was a small and quaint car show. I enjoyed seeing the local car's. We decided to go to On The Border and the movie "Unfortunate Bastards" The movie was horrible we had to walk out. So gross they scalped people and clubbed them to death!! Luckily we headed straight home because I was really tired. I went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 11am. That's a lot of sleep! We decided to try another movie and went to "District 9" This was a way better movie & well done. Then we picked up the girls. Chenoa didn't want to leave. Kylee was super happy also. I guess I missed them a bit more then they missed us. Pat kept the girls busy with a new sprinkler, art projects, and a slumber party with a late night movie. We took the girls and Marc's mom to the Olive Garden. We had a smorgasbord of food and spent our entire $100 gift card. What a fun filled weekend. I only wished I had taken a few pictures. I was so busy enjoying the weekend I didn't take any.

No comments: