Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day Of 1st Grade


Chenoa was excited about her first day of school. Finding parking was a nightmare. It took me about ten minutes to find a spot. (I am not exaggerating) Having been through this before. I knew to put the recommended list supplies in there spots and find Chenoa's seat after hanging her backpack up. I introduced myself to Chenoa's teacher. She seemed nice, she reminded me of a family friend. This was comforting to me. I felt good as I left Chenoa. She didn't seem to care that I was saying goodbye. On the way out I saw Marc's cow-worker and his wife. There little one is in Chenoa's class with her. The same as last year before we were deferred.


After my speech class where I did my first speech. I rushed to pick Kylee up and get to Chenoa's school. I didn't want to be late. I knew Chenoa would be upset if I wasn't outside the room when she was out of class. I was racing the clock and there was no parking. Darn it, I was late after driving around the school to find parking on the corner. I had to put Kylee in the stroller and give her a snack she was hungry and crying. I made it to her class when I saw kids walking away. I was so sad. But when I walked to Chenoa's class I saw lot's of kids still there! Chenoa spotted me and hopped in front of me. She said I want to stay here longer with a huge smile on her face. What a relief. She hadn't concerned herself with me trying to get there. Chenoa was simply happy about her day. She loved her teacher and had made two friends.


At home I fed her snack and she told me stories of her following the rules so she could be in the front of the line. How did I get so lucky?

1 comment:

Work in Progress said...

Why is it that parking at school is always a problem?? It was a nightmare for us this morning. Glad to hear that Chenoa is diving head first back into school. Before you know it, you'll be dropping Kylee off!!