Friday, October 10, 2008

Teething Toddler

Thank goodness Thursday was so pleasant and easy for me. Kylee has been teething all day. She practically cried most of the day. I should have know when she woke up at 2am. We had plans of running to the gym and heading to gymboree after taking Chenoa to school. Kylee cried about pretty much everything. Nothing I tried helped. She seemed so tired but she couldn't sleep. I knew she was teething badly. We tried tylenol but the pain was to much. I tried to leave the house but gave up after a tuff tantrum at the car. I even brought out the good old "What to Expect The Toddler Years." Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Finally I told her "We are going to the store to get ibuprofen and we are going to be okay. I will hold you and help you." We got to Target and I gave it to her immediatley. I was able to distract her in Target enough for not to much crying. While in the car on the way to pick up Chenoa, Kylee finally crashed. I called the office and had them send Chenoa out to the loading area when school was out. After Kylee woke up a couple hours later. Kylee cried a lot again. I sat with her rubbed her back and we turned on Jack's Big Music Show. It was a last resort and it worked. She eventually perked up and calmed down enough to have a nice dinner. She even played with Chenoa for a while. Thank goodness I was feeling so bad for Kylee. I am so glad everyone helped me out on Thursday. I was extra patient and ready to take care of a crying baby!

No comments: