Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines 09


Marc and I have been together for almost 9 years now and we have never celebrated Valentines Day. Before our first Valentines Day I declared how stupid I thought Valentines Day was. Why do we all need to celebrate because someone out there decided we should. Simply because they wanted to make some money. After the years passed by I realized I will take any reason to celebrate. Especially, an excuse for Marc and I to be romantic and enjoy time together. I have been begging Marc to plan a date for us. Every time we plan anything I swoop in and take everything over and plan every little detail. When Marc told me we were going out on Valentines. I told him I didn't want to know anything. He kept it all a secret... Which is a absolute miracle. He did so well planning and everything turned out better than I could have imagined.
We dropped of the girls at Ba Ba Pat's for an evening and morning of Grandma fun. Marc made reservations at the Los Gatos Brewery. Dinner was awesome we started with Crab Cakes, my favorite. I had a cup of Roasted Red Pepper soup Marc had a Cesar salad. My entree was a Roasted Duck Salad and Marc had a Hamburger that looked awesome. Everything was delicious we had said about 8 times throughout the meal how totally good everything was. We were so full we didn't have room for dessert. Although, I did make a little room for espresso. Because we were after all heading out for a late night of dancing in the City.
Marc had us on the guest list at Vessel to see Chuck Love. We headed into the club and it was very clean and decorated well. Everyone looked dressed to impress. Although there was one weird guy walking around in a floor length fur coat. What a nerd. But there is always at least one of those at a club:) After checking out the club I attempted to dance in heels. I realized I had never tried to go out dancing in heels. What was I thinking? Chuck Love started spinning and he started playing a trumpet to his music. Wow that was awesome. That's when I really got down in those heels. The next song comes on and I realize he is doing live vocals to the beat. By the time we had left he had played trumpet, guitar, flute, and sang while spinning his music. I was thoroughly impressed with the music. The only downside to the club was the lack of seating. Most of the seating was V.I.P. This probably wouldn't have normally bothered me. That night I decided I needed to look really awesome so I had to wear heels. It was amazing I was able to dance in those heels but I did okay. Or at least that's what Marc told me. When we got to the car I immediately took them off and put my feet up. They looked pretty beat. All and all we had an absolutely awesome evening. Marc did a great job planning out the evening, something I had always wanted. Thank You Marc!!

No comments: