Monday, February 9, 2009

Where's The Soy Butter???

When I started hearing about all the peanut butter problems we have been having, tainted batches. I thought I didn't have much to worry about. After all my girls love, love, love soy butter. It's there comfort food. When they are sick and nothing is appetizing. Soy Butter sandwiches always save the day. When lunches are all packed and the girls are out and about. It's soy butter sandwiches they are hoping to find when they open there lunch boxes. In fact I have contemplated making soy butter cookies rather then peanut butter cookies. Of course over the many years of soy butter I can't even bring myself to try it. I love peanut butter to much. That's why when peanut butter was taken of the shelves, it didn't worry me.

What I don't understand is all of the missing soy butter. Trader Joes has always offered great prices on soy butter. So imagine my surprise when I found no soy butter. How is it there was a fully stocked peanut butter aisle. Yet, no soy butter. Here we are a couple weeks later. I have been to 2 Trader Joes, several times and a stop at Safeway specifically for soy butter. All this searching and there is no soy butter to be found. My poor girls are so obviously disappointed with my lunches. They both try to make the best of it. We have been trying sunflower seed butter, turkey sandwiches with cheese... it simply is not the same. It's unclear why this is happening. Hopefully, it won't last to long. Life was so much easier with soy butter.

No comments: